Sink into the Floor - Feng Suave


"Sink into the Floor" is a groovy-ass tune off the Daniel duo's latest self-titled ep, Feng Suave, available now. To me, this song is so reminiscent of a bluesy, and psychedelic rock song that came out of the early 70's, with its soulful vocals and dreamy guitar licks. However, Feng Suave is not the only group producing such a blues-oriented sound today; another good example is Michael Kiwanuka and his recently released album, Love and Hate who mixes influences of blues, soul and rock, much like Feng Suave.

Nonetheless, this song is probably one of my favorite releases of this year thus far, rivaling the likes of "Garden Shed" by Tyler, the Creator, and that song was tiiight. The melodic, and melancholy guitar, sounds like the guitar is melting just as he's playing it, and the accompanying bass is a reverberating and psychedelic pulse that seems to blur the foundations of the song, making it seem like we are in a dream-like state. The drums compliment the song to not only provide assistance in the blurred lines, but is just a catchy beat to tap your foot to, and sway your hips ever so slightly, because man, this song, although sounding emotional is freaking groovy.

I can't help but get into it with this song, I am belting the chorus in a soulful fashion, I am rocking my head and twisting as if it were inevitable. This song is just so damn hypnotizing, I imagine myself in a dark, jazz night club looking place, just leaning on the wall listening to this magic as I silently sway my head back and forth.

That chorus, "It's no love, but close enough/It's only fun just because your clothes are off/and oh love, I'm mostly numb/I'm lonely 'cause you knew you were my only one," is just an emotional and relatable couple of lines, but when he sings it in changing chords, you cannot restrain yourself from singing along. A love song about a missing piece in your life, and he or she is the only fitting piece, while also written in a blues/psychedelic track, what more do you want? If you want a great listening experience with this song, play it while you in the shower with the lights off, it just coalesces perfectly with cleanliness.

As per usual with this here blog, if you dug this track and want to look more into these dudes from Amsterdam, click on these guys:

But before you listen to the ep check out this teaser clip, you're going to love it:



Comments

Your Favorites

Bad (feat. Flowdan) - The Bug

The Ten Undercover Best Songs of 2017

Ten Undercover But Genius Lyrics