Welcome!

What's going on guys, my name is Chris and I would like to welcome you to "Come and Share This Jam With Me!"

The title of this blog, as you may have noticed, is "Come and Share This Jam With Me" and yes, it is a reference to the animated show, "Steven Universe," and the duet that Steven and Connie share in the episode "Sworn to the Sword," but I believe it is a good representation for what you may expect from this blog. I will be sharing some of the sweetest jams that I come across during the week, be it through YouTube, artist's Bandcamps or some other means of finding music online.

Specifically, I will be sharing content that coincide mostly within the "Dream Pop" genre, but I will be exploring other sub-genres of the indie new-wave movement that is quietly exploding on the internet. I will also give my own interpretations, and opinions on the tracks, but since this is a blog where I am sharing music, you can expect that I will posting and talking about songs or pieces of music that I love, because why would I share tunes that I don't like? However, as a disclaimer, I must mention that I am not an expert on music in any form, but that I simply love good music, and I want to share these great and underrated finds with others who feel the same way. I also will be hoping to get in touch with some of the prominent, and up-and-coming artists of this style and post interviews or discussions that I have with them so that you may achieve a better understanding of who they are and obtain a grander insight of how they create their music and why they craft what they craft.

I believe the music that these independent artists are creating is magical and deserves not only to be recognized but experienced because that is the purpose of art; not commodity or expenditure (although I do confide that I think these artist deserve a higher compensation for their efforts) but true enchantment and personal effect that comes about when experiencing great works of music. I believe the music that I will be sharing should be heard by everybody, and although this blog of mine is not very large, and may not be read by many, it at least gives these artists another medium to have their tunes showcased.


Comments

Your Favorites

Sink into the Floor - Feng Suave

Bad (feat. Flowdan) - The Bug

The Ten Undercover Best Songs of 2017

Ten Undercover But Genius Lyrics